WINNER: TUBULAR CATEGORY
Complexity and precision
The recent world-class Menlyn Maine, Park Lane West project included a modern skylight manufactured from lightweight steel, which earned this project several awards. Boogertman + Partners Architects approached design build specialists, LEAF Structures, to assist with the specialised development for the Park Lane West atrium glass skylight, which also needed to address the following considerations:
- Provide a single-source solution which includes the structure and cladding.
- Maintain the architectural intent while improving transparency (using lighter steelwork and eliminating mullions).
- Reduce interface details between different cladding materials.
- Consider interior and exterior maintenance requirements.
- Consider ease of installation.